Quick Tips for Helping Your Child Cope With Covid-19
You may not know how to best support your child with all of the significant changes that have taken place in the last year. Below are a few tips that you can use to make these days more manageable.
- Be very clear and honest about what Covid is and the protective measures that will keep everyone safe. You may find it helpful to use animations or pictures of the various concepts.
- Stress the importance of wearing a mask, complying with the suggested six feet of social distancing, and frequent hand washing.
- Keep your child connected with their peers through in-person or online fun get-togethers.
- Try to balance the amount of time they are spending staring at a screen. Because screens are so vital to school and play, it is critical that your child spends a significant portion of each day doing other activities.
- Make sure to set up appointments and stick with them so that your child gets the therapy and treatments they need.
- Take time for self-care. You cannot provide adequate support for your loved ones if you are exhausted and burnt out. Take time for yourself every week to enjoy something you love.
Get Additional Help Today
To get support for your child, reach out to iCare Home Health Care Services. They offer resources for adults and children with autism spectrum disorder care in Springfield, Virginia, and all surrounding counties, including Stafford, Prince William, Fairfax, Arlington, and Loudoun. Call today for more information or to set up an appointment today.