Risk Factors and Their Association With Heart Disease
Risk factors for heart disease that you can have some influence over include the following.
- Being overweight
- Not exercising or being active regularly
- Smoking or using illegal substances
- High blood pressure and cholesterol
Risk factors that are outside of your control include the ones listed below.
- A family history that includes heart disease or related heart disorders
- Age and gender
How Physical Therapy Can Help
Physical therapists can help you physically and mentally overcome challenges associated with a sickness, injury, or disability. Their techniques can also significantly lower the risk of you developing heart issues in the future.
There are several heart health benefits to taking part in physical therapy. They include the following.
- Decreases chronic pain, which has been known to lower the risk of heart disease and similar heart-related conditions
- Often improves sleep, lowers stress, and is a regular form of exercise
- Physical therapy involving cardio exercises are excellent for strengthening the heart
Useful Health Tips
These health tips can lower your risk of heart disease.
- Do not smoke, drink, or take illegal substances
- Eat nutritious, balanced meals
- Exercise regularly
- Get quality sleep each night
- Lower your stress levels
Make Healthy Choices Today
You can facilitate beneficial lifestyle changes for yourself or a loved one by choosing to attend physical therapy. iCare Home Health Care Services is here to help you get the support and healing you deserve. We offer senior care services within our coverage area Springfield, VA, Virginia count, and all surrounding counties, including Stafford, Prince William, Fairfax, Arlington, and Loudoun. Reach out today to find out more.